Friday, July 15, 2011

SPLURGE or SAVE?: LUSH Mask of Magnaminty






Available at Lush stores, counters, and the lush website (lush.com)
4.4oz is $11.95
11.1oz $21.95

This mask is, I believe, the only mask that you can order online from lush. Their other masks must be purchased in store and need to be placed in the refridgerator as soon as possible after purchase. 

TAKEN FROM THE LUSH WEBSITE IN THE PRODUCT INFO:
"China clay and bentonite gel will pull the dirt from your pores, ground aduki beans and evening primrose seeds exfoliate surface skin cells, and peppermint oil will make you feel so fresh and minty that you'll forget you were ever grubby."

"Ground aduki beans remove dead skin cells when used on the skin as an exfoliating powder. They polish the skin, leaving it healthy and renewed."

On to my opinions and review! 

The smell is a nice peppermint type of smell, which I enjoy. It is a little thick in consistency so while I can't say it is the smoothest application, it certainly isn't difficult to apply. It does have a bit of a gritty exfoliating texture to it. When applying be aware that it can be a little messy (but let's be honest, any face mask makes a mess...at least a little) It dries and shrinks as it dries like many other face masks to give your skin a tighter feel after removal. I suggest applying it to a clean and also dry face, leaving it on for about 10-15 minutes or until it's dry. It washes of easily with a mild cleanser. I use proactive as my skincare so what I did was use the deep cleansing wash, apply the mask, use the renewing cleanser, apply the revitalizing toner, apply the repairing treatment, and then finally I ended with a night time moisturizer by olay since it was night time when I used the mask. That process and those steps seamed to work well for me. I could really feel the difference in my skin after I washed the mask off. It removed a lot of the dirt from my pores and my black head trouble area on my nose saw improvement. It also exfoliated my skin so it felt nice and soft. I use this weekly (for 3 weeks now) and I really enjoy it. I purchased the 4.4oz size and it has plenty left. It really doesn't take much to cover your face with each application.

This product is advertised as being great for the body as well, I have not tried it on my body, but I would suggest purchasing the 11.1oz if you plan to use it on your face and body as the smaller size won't last long.
I honestly don't have any cons to speak about with this product. It isn't terribly priced for a little bit of a higher end face mask (higher end meaning above your average drugstore mask) It applies nicely, does what it is supposed to do, smells nice, it's natural, washes off with no problem, and doesn't take entirely too long to dry.


I say:
SPLURGE!
as long as you don't mind a thicker face mask and a bit of a mess ;-}


*****TIP: many have complained about the mask drying out on them. If this is an issue for you, try putting the amount you are going to use in a bowl and add a teaspoon of vitamin D milk to it. If you need to add a second teaspoon you can. A bit of avocado can be added instead if you prefer to keep the mask thick*****

No comments:

Post a Comment